Sunday, 27 March 2011

Jewellery Designs


mushroom forest ring
I found this image here


Forest Mushrooms Ring- H.Stern and Disney 

One in a range of unusual rings inspired by Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland.
I am in love with this ring. I really like the organic feel of this ring and the effect the ring must have on the wearer of fungi sprouting from her fingers. It is disgusting yet brilliant. i like choice of colour on the mushroom heads and the subtle use of diamonds. The full, voluptuous forms of the mushrooms are wonderful. It is a beautiful, exciting ring. 



topiary garden ring
I found this image here


Topiary Ring-H.Stern and Disney

I think that the ring is without a doubt unique and that it is quirky but overall it is not very appealing to me. It has little to recommend it in the way of finesse or design. It is quite ugly although i can see what the designer was getting at.



No comments:

Post a Comment