Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Jewellery Designs

I found this image here
Necklace by Rene Lalique
I am in love with Lalique's use of enamel in this piece and i think the combination of enamel, gold and gemstones is incredibly beautiful.The use of bold shapes as well as the symmetry in the piece give the necklace a huge amount of character and draw the eye in. Even though the piece is symmetrical there is a definite organic feel to it. very Art Nouveau-esc. I like that the piece is hand-made and unique and I just love the overall whimsical feel of this necklace.


I found this image here
Barbie Jewellery By Margaux Lange
This necklace has been made from mutilated barbies. I really dislike the piece as a whole and i must say i cant see it enhancing the wearer's beauty. Perhaps some might see the piece as fun but its a little bit too quirky for my liking.



No comments:

Post a Comment